Metcalfe Plant Hire Limited was established in 1971 in Cumbria and has grown to become one of the North of England’s largest construction plant hire businesses. Based in Penrith Cumbria, the company offers all construction industry plant, equipment and machinery hire, and compliments this with a construction & civil engineering business in its main-stream business operations.
The Company prides itself on its flexibility and dedication to ensure satisfaction to all Customers and Clients. This ethos has been the cornerstone of our strategy and culture and has resulted in generating repeat business from our core key Clients and Customers over many years.
We have ambitious growth plans and are looking for an dynamic and experienced Transport Manager to join our team based in Penrith, Cumbria. This position would suit an experienced Transport supervisor or Manager looking for their next challenge.
It is essential you come from a construction background and ideally have knowledge of the wider North West market, particularly Lancashire.
- The Transport Manager will be responsible for a high-profile & fast-paced transport operation predominantly in the Cumbria area. Overseeing the planning and allocation of drivers, minimising downtime.
- To work with the Management team and to spearhead new business for Tipper Wagons and Road Sweepers in established working areas together with a remit to expand operations geographically
- To liaise with all departments and customers to seek out and secure priced work at the required levels
- To liaise with the Contracts Director and service in house requirements of the Contracts Division
- To liaise with the Plant Director and offer support to the HIAB fleet as required
- Monitor drivers’ hours, control tacho reports and records, ensure vehicles and drivers compliance is maintained in accordance with National regulations.
- Responsibility for circa 10+ drivers and 10+ HGV vehicles both Tipper and Sweeper Wagons
- Manage the maintenance process to ensure that all vehicles are kept in a fit and road worthy condition
- Recruitment, managing and driver retention.
- Compliance and Legislation adherence.
- Flexibility to cover driving as and when required
- A commercially minded Transport Manager or Transport Supervisor with hands on experience of Construction Industry who can perform under pressure and who uses their initiative
- Ideally have knowledge/experience of the wider North West market, in particular Lancashire
- C+E driving license is essential.
- Driver & Transport Manager CPC certification is essential.
- Understanding of the Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS)
- Understanding of VOSA requirements
- Hands-on leadership style – this role is very much a hands-on transport management role.
- Excellent communicator
- Someone who wants to play an integral part in building/growing a strong operation and wants to develop their career with a progressive business.
Salary: Competitive with Company Commercial Vehicle
Location: CA11 Penrith, Cumbria
If this opportunity is of interest, please email Les Balmer – Finance Director firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing an up-to-date CV and current remuneration.
Metcalfe Plant Hire is an Equal Opportunity employer