Metcalfe Plant Hire are currently undertaking the road works on the A66 at Llama karma Kafe at the Countess Pillar near Penrith. Works include the construction of a Right Turning Lane into the Café and associated works on the Eastbound and Westbound verge. These works are on-going.
Metcalfe Plant Hire have commenced the clearance of sand and stone from underneath the arches of Coupland Beck Bridge Appleby, a considerable amount of debris has formed under two of the culverts with water only flowing through one of the culverts, more details to follow………
Metcalfe Plant Hire – Contracting Division have commenced the temporary works to construct a temporary Coffer Dam to allow access for bridge inspections and temporary works prior to the permanent repair works, more details to follow……..
Metcalfe Plant Hire Ltd Promotional Video
The works undertaking for the Cumbria Flood emergency response and damage recovery works in December 2015 and January 2016, includes: –
- Road Sweeper Hire – to clear the debris, silt, sand and the like from the highways, footways, car-park etc., and disposal throughout Cumbria.
- Specialist Haulage – Collection, delivery and off-loading of large pumping equipment and ancillary machinery throughout Cumbria and North Lancashire.
- A591 near Thirlemere – Supply of excavators and wagons to excavate the land slip, removal of stone and debris from the highway and verge and general clear up, haul the debris, rock and topsoil’s to our Penrith recycling yard and commence reclaim, recycle and reusing the stone in other projects in Cumbria
- Supply Rock, Aggregates and Stone – used in river bank stabilisation works, and bridge protection works, for example at the A66 Temple Sowerby Bridge over the River Eden
- Supply and hire of various plant, machinery and equipment in the clear up works – such as: –
- Excavator hire to clear landslips and rock-fall, clear culverts and ditches, and similar civil engineering works.
- Emergency response for the Environmental Agency.
- Wheeled excavators and loadalls to load skips with damaged furniture and damaged household goods into skips and wagons for disposal.
- On-Call emergency response over Christmas/New Year period to the Environmental Agency and other organisations.
After a successful tender submission, Metcalfe Plant Hire Ltd have been selected by Cumbria County Council as a Contractor for inclusion on the forthcoming Capital Schemes Framework, Lot no 2 Highways, for individual schemes and projects up to £750,000 and for individual schemes up to a value of £3,000,000.
This contract commences in January 2016 for a 4 year duration, initially flood recovery work will be procured via this Framework Contract.
More details to follow…….
The Contracting Division of Metcalfe Plant Hire Ltd are currently undertaking the construction of a new entrance, access road and extension to the car park at The Samling Hotel, Windermere, the award winning and Michelin Stared restaurant in the heart of the Lake District.
The glorious location of the hotel in the Lake District, with Lake Windermere in the background, has been an ideal location to promote our earthworks and earth moving capabilities.
Metcalfe Plant Hire Ltd have become a member and accredited to the Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS), this scheme encourages businesses like ours to take a closer look at our fleet operations and identify areas of strengths to be exploited and areas for improvement to be addressed.
The four key areas that were addressed in the Audit and Accreditation to achieve this standard were: –
These are predominately based on the following requirements; –
- Legal Compliance
- Environmental Protection
Please see our FORS accreditation certificate in our Accreditation and memberships section of our website www.metcalfe-plant-hire.co.uk