Due to the upcoming retirement of the Finance Director, we now have an opportunity for a motivated Financial Controller who is looking to progress their career and to join our dedicated team based in Penrith, Cumbria.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a strong management team to help develop MPH over the coming years.
Ideally you will have experience working within the Construction / Plant Hire Sector
- Delivering high level of service to both internal and external customers
- Daily cashflow forecasts and ensuring sufficient funds are available to meet the requirements of the business.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Administration of all financial ledgers, nominal, sales, purchases etc.
- Debtor control
- Correct recording of all sales
- Timely production of Monthly management accounts
- Reporting to the Parent Company
- Responsibility for the accurate maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Preparation and publication of annual budgets
- Monthly profit & loss analysis reports for each operating division
- Monthly Business Review Meetings with the Senior Management Team of each division.
- VAT returns to HMRC.
- Monthly and weekly payroll processes
- Personally, process all monthly payroll transactions.
- Liaison with the appointed auditors and tax advisors
- Timely production of annual audit data
- Liaison and supply of information with appointed financial funders
- Management of the insurance portfolio
- Liaison with Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- Computer hardware, software, and communication systems of the business.
- Operation and maintenance of the company website.
- Management of Finance Staff
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Management of a finance function including line management responsibilities.
- Previous employment in the plant hire/ construction industry would be desirable.
- Experience of preparing KPIs, budgets, forecasts, and other reports within deadlines.
- Development and maintenance of a financial control environment.
- Excellent data analytical skills and judgement with the ability to lead and manage in a complex environment.
- Excellent time management skills
- Organisational skills including the ability to manage a diverse and busy workload, to plan effectively and work consistently to deadlines.
- Effective communicator and be capable of conveying information accurately, verbally or in written format.
- Effective customer service skills.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and with appropriate tone.
- Ability of working alone and using own initiative, but also enjoy working as part of a team.
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of MS Office & Sage 200 and ideally experience of Construct & InspHire.
- A full driving licence.
Location: CA11 Penrith, Cumbria
If this opportunity is of interest, please email email@example.com enclosing an up-to-date CV and stating your current remuneration.
Metcalfe Plant Hire is an Equal Opportunity employer