The works undertaking for the Cumbria Flood emergency response and damage recovery works in December 2015 and January 2016, includes: –
- Road Sweeper Hire – to clear the debris, silt, sand and the like from the highways, footways, car-park etc., and disposal throughout Cumbria.
- Specialist Haulage – Collection, delivery and off-loading of large pumping equipment and ancillary machinery throughout Cumbria and North Lancashire.
- A591 near Thirlemere – Supply of excavators and wagons to excavate the land slip, removal of stone and debris from the highway and verge and general clear up, haul the debris, rock and topsoil’s to our Penrith recycling yard and commence reclaim, recycle and reusing the stone in other projects in Cumbria
- Supply Rock, Aggregates and Stone – used in river bank stabilisation works, and bridge protection works, for example at the A66 Temple Sowerby Bridge over the River Eden
- Supply and hire of various plant, machinery and equipment in the clear up works – such as: –
- Excavator hire to clear landslips and rock-fall, clear culverts and ditches, and similar civil engineering works.
- Emergency response for the Environmental Agency.
- Wheeled excavators and loadalls to load skips with damaged furniture and damaged household goods into skips and wagons for disposal.
- On-Call emergency response over Christmas/New Year period to the Environmental Agency and other organisations.